Senin, 04 Oktober 2010

14 Year Old Entrepreneur Becomes Millionaire

MoneyFrom Splashnology: A British teen from Corby, Northamptonshire made his first million pounds after starting his business at the age of 14.

Christian Owens lives with his parents, company secretary Alison, 43 and factory worker dad Julian, 50. He got his first computer at the age of seven. Three years later he got a Mac and started to learn web design.

Four years later, aged 14, he started his first company. It was a simple site that some of you may know - Mac Bundle Box. The site sold a Mac OS X app bundle at a discounted price and only for a limited time. The entire bundle was worth over $400, but Christian sold it for about a tenth of that.

A year later he launched advertising pay-per-click company ‘Branchr’, a PPC ad company that distributes ads via websites, iPhone apps, and Android apps, and worked on the business after school and at weekends.

He invests the majority of his earnings back into his businesses and is going to make £100 million with Branchr in the future.

In an interview the young entreprenuer said, "I really wanted to create something groundbreaking and simple, that would revolutionise the way advertising works.

"Mac Box Bundle was already becoming a success but I really wanted to push myself and do something different, so I came up with the idea of Branchr.

"I think everyone has business sense in them, they just need to gain experience and be determined to make it. My friends and I don’t really talk about my success, to them I’m just a normal teenager and it doesn’t change anything between us.

”There is no magical formula to business, it takes hard work, determination and the drive to do something great.”

When talking about the future, Christian says, "My aim is to become a leading name in the world of internet and mobile advertising and push myself right to the top of the game.

"I don’t know where I will be in 10 years time but I won’t leave Branchr until it has reached £100 million."

Design by infinityskins.blogspot.com 2007-2008